Our patients have access to a wide range of services to support them on their cancer journey. Our pharmacists are extensively involved in the cancer treatment pathway providing personalised cancer medicines management.
Our team of medical oncology and haematology pharmacists are extensively involved in the cancer treatment pathway. Working collaboratively with the St George’s Cancer Care team to provide excellent personalised cancer medicines management.
Our team of expert oncology pharmacists are extensively involved in the cancer treatment pathway. They work collaboratively with the St George’s Cancer Care team to provide excellent personalised cancer medicines management which includes;
- Verifying, ordering, and processing of cancer care treatments.
- Specialising in unfunded medications including accessing cost share or compassionate access programs where applicable for our patients.
- Heavily involved in accessing unapproved medicines based that may not be readily available in New Zealand.
- Providing support for medication management and chemotherapy education.
- Safety evaluation of complementary medicines with cancer treatments.
- Medication review with of long-term medications and co-morbid conditions with cancer treatments.
- Working alongside oncologist and haematologists in the development of new treatment protocols based on published international evidence.
World leading treatment. Future forward care.
Here, and now.
At St George's Cancer Care Centre we pride ourselves on being the patients' choice for world class cancer treatment. With cutting edge technology and decades of experience in our field we go above and beyond to provide innovative clinical care with you at the centre of everything we do.